OF THE RECTOR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WARMIA AND MAZURY IN OLSZTYN OF 15 FEBRUARY 2022
CONCERNING THE GUIDELINES
ON THE ORGANISATION OF THE TEACHING PROCESS IN THE SUMMER SEMESTER OF THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2021/2022
I. HIGHER EDUCATION
1. The classes provided for in the curriculum of a given field of study, level, educational profile and form of study (full-time and part-time studies) shall be conducted at the University, in a stationary mode with elements of distance learning, subject to the provisions of items 1-3,
1) all types of classes and seminars will be conducted at the University in a stationary mode, while maintaining current guidelines for the sanitary regime,
2) lectures for two and more student groups, language courses, general subjects and subjects in the humanities or social sciences, subjects: ergonomics, ethics, intellectual property protection, occupational health and safety training and patent information will be conducted in a distance learning mode,
3) lectures conducted in the years of study, which involve one group of students, will be conducted at the University in a stationary mode, while maintaining current guidelines for the sanitary regime, or in a distance learning mode. The decision in this respect shall be made by the Dean/Director, informing the Vice-Rector for Education about it.
2. While organising and conducting classes, the rules of observing the sanitary regime should be taken into account, including:
1) persons participating in classes are obliged to cover their mouth and nose and disinfect their hands,
2) teaching rooms should be regularly aired and disinfected,
3) classes in larger groups may be held in lecture halls.
3. In the case of COVID-19 incidence in a class group, the Dean/Director shall make a decision to change the mode of teaching of the group from stationary to distance learning.
4. In the event of an increase in the dynamics of COVID-19 incidence, it is possible to conduct the classes referred to in point 1 (1 and 3), in the distance learning mode at the request of the Dean/Director, with the consent of the Vice-Rector for Education, taking into account point 5.
5. The application should be preceded by an analysis of the existing curriculum in the context of the compliance with the summary indices characterizing the curriculum, i.a., with respect to the number of ECTS points allocated in the curriculum for classes conducted with the direct participation of an academic teacher or other persons conducting classes with students.
II. DOCTORAL SCHOOL, DOCTORAL PROGRAMMES, POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES AND OTHER FORMS OF EDUCATION
Decisions on the mode of organisation of teaching (stationary mode, distance learning mode or hybrid mode) shall be made by heads of doctoral programmes, the Director of the Doctoral School and heads of postgraduate programmes and other forms of education, in consultation with and upon the approval of the Vice-Rector for Education.
III. I would like to inform you that in accordance with the opinion of the Ministry of Education and Science, as well as, among others, the Chief Sanitary Inspector, the limits of persons set out in the Regulation of the Council of Ministers of 6 May 2021 on the establishment of certain restrictions, orders and prohibitions in connection with the occurrence of an epidemic (Journal of Laws, item 861, as amended) do not apply to the teaching activities of the University, however, out of concern for the safety of students and employees, as far as possible in terms of organisation, I recommend maintaining social distancing on the premises of the University.