The government announced new restrictions on the prevention of coronavirus spread in Poland and informed about validity dates of the previous ones :
1. Covering mount and nose - from 16.04.2020
From 16.04.2020 there will be an obligation to cover month and nose. Each person in public places such as streets, shops, offices, service points, job places should wear a mask, scarf or a handkerchief.
2. Restrictions valid until: further notice
-2 meters – minimum distance between pedestrians
-you can leave your home only if it is an urgent necessity, like: going to the shop, pharmacy, doctor, taking dog for a walk, or helping somebody in need i.e. delivering food or medicine
-during the holly mass and funerals: only a limited number of people may attend mass or other religious ceremonies at once. This means 1 participant per 15 m2 of the building’s area, excluding people exercising the ministry.
-large-surface DIY stores– closed during the weekends
-shopping malls, restaurants, theatres and cinemas are closed
-all service points specialized in piercing, tattooing, hairdressers and beauty salons are closed
-parks, beaches, boulevards, promenades and bike rental points are closed
-shops and service points:
- for stores with a service area of less than 100 m2: 4 people for one cash desk. So, if there are 2 cash desks in a store, there can be 8 customers in the store at once.
- for stores with a service area larger than 100 m2: 1 person per 15 m2 of the area. For example, if the area of a store is 300 m2, there can be 20 clients inside at once.
- seniors hours: between 10:00 and 12:00, shops and service points can handle only those over 65 years of age. In the remaining hours, shops and service outlets are accessible to all customers, including people over the age of 65.
-open city markets (like bazaars, stalls selling)
As many people as the number of sales points multiplied by 4 can be at the same time in a market or a bazaar. If there are 20 sales points in your local market, up to 80 people can be there at the same time
-post office – two people per one counter allowed
-in the public transportation only half of places may be taken (every second place should be free), it also concerns small buses that could collect more than 9 people in total
3. Restrictions valid till 24.05.2020
-schools and universities are closed
4. Restrictions valid till 13.05.2020
-boarders closed for incoming foreigners
5. Restrictions valid till 23.05.2020
-air traffic suspension (limitation applies to all domestic and international passenger flights)
6. Restrictions valid until revoked:
-restrictions concerning mass events and gatherings (gatherings of more than two people are banned, except for families, it means that there shouldn’t be more than two people walking together on the street
Please note that the validity dates may change taking into consideration the current situation.